Early Stage Researchers
Applications are invited for 1 Early-Stage Researcher (ESR) positions to be funded by the Marie-Sklodowska-Curie European Training Network on “PErsonalized Robotics as SErvice Oriented applications” (PERSEO) within the Horizon 2020 Programme of the European Commission.
The network will train 15 early-stage researchers in the context of research and development for “PErsonalized Robotics as SErvice Oriented applications”. The consortium is formed by 8 prestigious European Universities and 2 leading robotics businesses plus 9 partner organisations to cover a full training programme on scientific, technical, and personal development skills. Placements will include secondments in current world-leading organisations in Spain, Germany, Austria, UK, Italy, Denmark, the Netherlands, etc. to gather the necessary knowledge and implement it in Europe. Thus, collaboration within the network is strongly encouraged.
We are looking for talented and highly motivated early career researchers with a degree giving access to PhD studies in a domain relevant to the ESR position(s) of interest. We expect dedication and enthusiasm for experimental research, combined with scientific curiosity and the capacity to teamwork in an interdisciplinary environment. Preferred qualifications include excellent grades, research talent and personal ambition. Applicants should have excellent command of English, together with good academic writing and presentation skills.
Fulltime employments as PhD students are offered for 3 years. The starting date of the contract is negotiable, but ideally it would be 1 November 2021.
PERSEO fellows will beneﬁt from:
- Outstanding training aimed at fostering scientiﬁc, technical and transferable skills
- Short-term secondments in the PERSEO network
- Scientiﬁc advice from internationally recognized experts
- A solid mentoring strategy followed up through a personalised career development plan.
The position will permit to carry out research in a stimulating group with the chance to join high-level training events. You will get a very attractive salary plus an allowances package in accordance with the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) rules and the personal circumstances of the applicant. The ESR salary is subject to local tax, social benefit and other deductions following national regulations. The exact salary will be confirmed upon appointment and is dependent on the country correction factor (to allow for the difference in cost of living in different EU Member States). The PhD students will be employed with full social security coverage and all benefits in accordance with the Marie Sklodowska-Curie ITN fellowship regulations of the European Union.
For further information please visit the MSCA website.
To be eligible, the candidate:
- must be in the first four years of her/his research career. Candidates should ideally possess a master’s degree in a relevant academic field or a comparable degree that allows them to embark in a PhD (applications from candidates who already possess a doctoral degree cannot be considered).
- must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the institution that recruits the student for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date. Short stays such as holidays and/or compulsory national service are not taken into account.
- must be willing to spend a prolonged time in another institute/country of the network during the PhD thesis period.
For further details on eligibility criteria please check in the Information Note for ITN Fellows.
SELECTION OF CANDIDATES
Selection of candidates will be performed via online interview. In case the number of candidates for a position exceeds the number of open positions, shortlisted candidates will selected on the basis of the fit of their CV and research interests with the chosen research project(s). These candidates will be invited for interview and positions will be offered after approval by the PERSEO Committee.
To ensure equality of opportunities, we strongly encourage women with the appropriate qualifications to apply. If equally qualified, participants with a handicap will be preferred.
DOCUMENTS TO BE SENT
1. Application form [download]
2. a copy of the passport
3. a full CV
4. a 2-page motivation letter including a description of previous research experience (1 page) and current research interest, outlining the fit to the desired ESR (1 page)
5. one or more reference letters and names of 2 referees including contact details
6. Transcripts of grades obtained for B.Sc. and M.Sc. degrees, expected final grade
7. Certificates of academic degrees
8. List of Publications (if any)
Only documents in English language will be accepted.
Applicants should submit the documentation exclusively via e-mail in ONE PDF document to email@example.com (max file size 5 MB) by 10 October, 2021 at 23 pm (GMT). Your application will be jointly processed by the members of the PERSEO consortium and treated according to the GDPR.